Redesign 544: „Rev/One 2018“

Discussies over ontwikkelingen van MfbLabs
Plaats reactie
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Re: Redesign 544: „Rev/One 2018“

Bericht door Peter B. »

Hello, pserci, Hello rob040,

Thank you for your good feedback on this project.
And yes, this project was taking too long. In the begining, I wanted to use things from the original electronics of the RH544. This led to compromises and many additional problems. Then I decided to make a completely new design and 10 years of experience with MFB practically led to a new application in the old box of 544. I had to do the project entirely on my own. Exactly one year ago I was finally ready with the printed circuit boards. But the mechanical details and their manufacture, as well as various other circumstances, delayed me for another year. Unfortunately, I closed my small company some time ago and can no longer assign part of the work to other people.

After completing this project, I will offer prices for kits. Before that, audio and DSP measurements are planned in the near future. This is necessary to adapt the active three-band filter.

Yes, I will prepare offers for three kit variants:

1. Complete set of circuit boards only.
2. Point 1 and complete set of mechanical parts.
3. Fully assembled and tested electronics. As well as the results of individual acoustic measurements with an original Philips PH544 speaker box.

After the redesign and new powerful amplifiers, everything is manufactured with SMD technology. With new speakers and a new box design as well as a midrange with MFB sensor, I am on the way to a completely new product. This 3-band active box with ЭMFB will then be presented to the public and offered as a separate end product.

Now, however, I have to finish using RevOne 544 by the end of September this year. Then the new project can begin.

Best regards!
pserci
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door pserci »

Very well!!
I am eventually interested in complete kit (with mechanical parts) or the fully assembled.
Looking forward, but first of all stay all safe and well

:-)
Paolo
Rene_N
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Rene_N »

Hi Peter,

Looks really nice, very interested in the measurements once completed. Hope it all works.

Have you already done the MFB loop?
How do you calculate the Linkwitz transform? How do you simulate?
20200712_075137.jpg
I presume this is still the schematics.

What Bluetooth unit do you use? How do you select left and right? What is option *?
20200712_075733.jpg
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

I'm sorry, Rene, but I'm very busy and I don't have much time. But I will try to answer in more detail next week. For the time being, I can say the following on both issues:

A) The Linkwitz-Transformation scheme in the final version has been slightly modified. The scheme is here: https://mfblabs.nl/forum/download/file. ... &mode=view. See N9A. But changes are possible when (or if) it will be used! ... Separately, especially for this Linkwitz-Transformation scheme, I have a proven calculation methodology. There is a mistake in the well-known and popular methodology ... If you are interested in it, I will send it to you by e-mail.
The complex setup together with the MFB will become clear later. But Linkwitz-Transformation may not be needed when using the original RH544 box.
But in the general concept I have provided the possibility for this Panel with electronics to use its own design LS-Box and modern speakers together with my sensors. Then it will become clear whether this transformation will be fully used or not.

B) I will use one of the newer Bluetooth modules from Aliexpress for this option. This option is not marked on the panel in position 3 for the R-channel. In the following panels given for printing this error will be corrected. However, it is only one option. The scheme for connecting the two sections of the switch is not shown here (2х6), but it is simple.

Best regards, Peter.
Plaats reactie