Re: Redesign 544: „Rev/One 2018“

Bericht door pserci »

Great work!! It is possible to buy a set of PCB? Thanks, Paolo
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

Thanks!

I think you will be able to buy PCB sets. But this will only be possible after their upcoming installation with the elements, then they will follow tests and settings. Work will probably last until mid-September. It will be necessary to clarify with MFB.Piratelogik.NL the details about this question.

Greetings,
Peter Barth
motoindo
MfbLabs Gebruiker
Contacteer:

Bericht door motoindo »

Peter B. schreef:It will be necessary to clarify with MFB.Piratelogik.NL the details about this question.
There is no need for that Peter, as mentioned before you are free to run this project as you see fit, including sales & support of the boards in question. I'm afraid I don't have cycles left to take this on next to my current projects.

I'm forwarding all Revision/One related inquiries I'm getting to this topic so you should see an increase in interest in these wonderful boards.
Chris Camphuisen
mfb does to the ear what a pretty face does to the eye
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

Hello everyone!

After almost a year it is time to complete the project. Unfortunately I had to do all the work myself without help. For some time since my last writing, I have been studying 3D CAD programs and designing the mechanical parts for the project. Then all the individual parts had to be manufactured using processes such as laser cutting and bending, others were galvanically coated and some were added to the powder coating. I have examined individual parts of the circuit and how they work. The lettering on the back of the panel was also an uncomfortable and bulky task. It took a few weeks and finally they were made by screen printing instead of a printer.

The assembly of the individual mechanical parts did not require any adjustments. The great delay in 3D CAD design paid off during assembly due to dimensional accuracy and successful adaptation of the parts to each other. I also ordered the components, which is also a headache given the size. I have been assembling and soldering the circuit boards for some time. I expect to be ready for acoustic measurements in a few weeks. They will be made in a recording and measurement studio. The crossovers are replaced by AD-DA modules. With their help, the required settings of the crossover are defined in RevOne 544. I therefore hope to achieve excellent sound reproduction with the original Philips boxes.

This RevOne 544 electronics has a double use. First - to replace the electronics in the Philips RH544 and RH567 series. Second: - I will have my own speaker design, which will be sold as a separate product. For this, new audio measurements are carried out in order to achieve the optimum of the project with the new setting of the crossovers and modern loudspeakers.
IMG_4881.JPG
Old PANEL RH 544 and new PANEL РevОne 544
DSCN7880.JPG
Панел-надписи долна половина.jpg
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Laatst gewijzigd door Peter B. op zo 28 jun, 2020 22:04 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

The following photos show the mechanical installation: - on circuit boards and mechanical parts:
IMG_4884-1.JPG
PANEL view from left:
IMG_4886.JPG
PANEL view from the right:
IMG_4889.JPG
PANEL view from below:
IMG_4890-1.JPG
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

Each set of mechanical parts for RevOne 544 contain:
1.Aluminum plate 3 mm: panel.
2. Aluminum plate 2 mm: carrier for LP1 and LP4.
3. For LP1 – iron carrier for potentiometer and switch.
4. Aluminum plate 2 mm: carrier for LP2.
5. For LP3 – cooling, rectangular parallelepiped – left, aluminum.
6. For LP3 – aluminum profile 2 mm – right carrier.
7. For LP3 hinges, 2 pieces, 3D printing, plastic.
8. For LP3 – aluminum elbow, 2 mm for cooling.
9. Plywood 6 mm, pad for toroidal transformer.

Mechanical details for several RevOne 544:
DSCN7873-1.JPG
Printed circuit board set for RevOne 544:
* LP1
* LP2
* LP4.1 or LP4.2
DSCN7889-1.JPG
* LP3 Motherboard
* LP3.2 LF AMP
* LP3.3 MF and HF AMP
DSCN7889-2.JPG
Set: RevOne 544 PANEL and mechanical details:
DSCN7879-1.JPG
Laatst gewijzigd door Peter B. op zo 28 jun, 2020 22:10 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Salvador
MfbLabs Gebruiker
Contacteer:

Bericht door Salvador »

Das sieht alles einfach sehr sauber und gepflegt aus, Peter!! Hochklassige Arbeit! :thumbup:

Darf ich dir fragen, bei welchem Lieferant die Hinterplatine bedruckt worden ist und mit welchem Programm du den Text, Linien und Symbolen auf der Rückseite der Hinterplatine entworfen hast?
Das sieht alles sehr klar und sauber aus.
De beste luidspreker, is de luidspreker die voor jou het beste klinkt.
Peter B.
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door Peter B. »

Thanks Salvador!

The mechanics in 3D were created with Solidworks. Then I tried to write and draw with Corel Draw. However, I could not transfer the drawings from Solidworks to Corel Draw. Then I moved the panel from Solidworks to Altium and there I made captions and graphics. I also entered it in a special font with the different characters. Finally, because the source file of Altium does not match the special printer, I was forced to use the good old screen printing in the PCB company.

PS Sorry Salvador - my wife and proofreader for the English text is already asleep, there may be ambiguities and errors in the text here! :roll:
pserci
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door pserci »

Peter B. schreef:Thanks Salvador!

The mechanics in 3D were created with Solidworks. Then I tried to write and draw with Corel Draw. However, I could not transfer the drawings from Solidworks to Corel Draw. Then I moved the panel from Solidworks to Altium and there I made captions and graphics. I also entered it in a special font with the different characters. Finally, because the source file of Altium does not match the special printer, I was forced to use the good old screen printing in the PCB company.

PS Sorry Salvador - my wife and proofreader for the English text is already asleep, there may be ambiguities and errors in the text here! :roll:
Hi Peter, very very nice works!! Eventually interested in one kit for MFB 544...if there are availability, please PM with the details.

Thanks in advance.

Paolo
rob040
MfbLabs Gebruiker

Bericht door rob040 »

Hi Peter,

Wow... In one word: Beautiful! :thumbup:
I followed this project from day 1 onwards and the end result is amazing. It all fits perfectly together and the result is very professional.
Having that said I am wondering if it was worth all the time and effort. Is this still or can it become commercial interesting to bring it on the market? :roll:

Best regards, Rob.
Mijn PCB's zijn groen, dat is mijn bijdrage aan het milieu.
Plaats reactie